Digital marketing strategy in this age of online promotions and internet media marketing is one of the most sought out and important services any digital marketing agency has to offer. As with any other digital lingo, we need to understand the fundamental principles of the under implied proposition first.
Sales and Advertising is a long-term effort. All the efforts target towards attending an upper hand. This aims towards a sustainable competitive advantage. Strategic planning includes understanding organization and of the market that it targets. Strategic planning aims towards improving the competitive position of the organization in mind.
Questions that need to be answered by the strategy
- Where is the organization now? (the present context)
- Where is the organization going? (in the present continuous sense)
- How is the organization going to get there? (the plan or the roadmap)
From Richard Rumelt’s book Good Strategy Bad strategy a strategy should have the following:
- Diagnosis that defines the challenge
- A guiding policy for dealing with the challenge
- Coherent actions to accomplish the policy
Digital marketing, how it has changed marketing
Digital marketing brought new avenues for marketers. The emergence of digital marketing has led to the reinvention of marketing strategies in order to adapt to the change in traditional marketing. As digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life, and as people increasingly use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent and efficient.
Making a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Buyer personas are the foundation of any strategy
Knowing who your buyers are going to be is a valuable information. Understanding your customers is key to success for any marketing strategy. Working on buyer persona is thus very important and crucial. Buyer personas should at least contain the following details.
- Quantitative, demographic information
- Location – where the buyers are located
- Age – what the age/age group of the buyers are
- Income – understanding the income segment of the buyers is also important
- Job titles – this further helps to hone down the marketing efforts
- Qualitative, psychographic information
- Goals – what the goals of the prospective customers are
- Challenges – what challenges that the prospect customer faces
- Hobbies and interests – what the hobbies and interests of the prospective customers are
- Priorities – what the properties of the prospect customers are
- Quantitative, demographic information
- Goals and tools required to achieve the goals
The other important step towards working on a proper digital marketing strategy is to figure out the goals of the organization that the strategy is being crafted for. Knowing the goals will then help figure out the best tools to achieve the goals. Tools are the means towards getting to the goal. These could include digital marketing channels, media types and even collaboration with other organizations.
3. Current standing, digital marketing channels and assets
Now that we have a clear mind, we can move forward to another important step in our list of digital marketing strategy building. In this step we need to understand what the current standings are. This means we need to go through the existing assets of the organization. This may include the website, social media channels, and assets such as logo, brand identity and merch.
4. Align existing assets
After the examination of existing assets. Efforts must be taken in order to make sure that the existing platform is in sound with the goals. The organization’s brand image and identity must be in align with the goals to ensure that the goals are met.
5. Content creation plan and schedule
This is the part that I love the most. It involves creating content for pushing campaigns to achieve the target. There is no a one-click solution to this. We must bear in mind that marketing is a guessing game. We need to hit and trail in every step. Guessing as in not random dice throwing, but making an educated guess. A well-informed estimate based on experience or theoretical knowledge.
Search engine optimization, Keyword strategy, Inbound marketing, Call to actions, Marketing funnel, Digital marketing in Nepal
Let us know if you would like to read more about digital marketing, or if you have any specific questions regarding marketing in general. We would be happy to help.